It was one rainy day in Cagayan de Oro and the kitchen was calling me to cook. So, here’s my recipe for this month:
- 1/2 kilo of chicken soup pack (sliced) (I prefer the soup pack because it’s cheaper and it adds a unique taste to the soup)
- Knorr Chicken broth cubes
- Egg Noodles (locally available in most supermarkets in the Philippines)
- Boil 2 liters of water
- Add the garlic and scallion stems together with the chicken slices.
- Let it cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the carrots and the pechay stems. Let it cook again for 5 minutes
- Add the egg noodles and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the pechay leaves and scallion leaves. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Best served when hot 🙂
Tip: You may also add cauliflowers or broccoli. If you have kids, you may want to consider using chicken thighs or chicken breast 🙂